Although, growing up in an extremely religious Roman Catholic anti-abortion patriotic Italian-American home where I never saw my father read anything but the Bible and newspapers — cover to cover – my parents insisted, it is unreasonable for anyone to tell another what they must believe, who they can marry or whether or not they must give birth, but, you could only buy American cars.
So, it’s all on us:
What loss happened to make us transform Thanksgiving into pushing and shoving our neighbor day?
What marketing transformed seeing The Interview as the best way, since Patriot Act and Citizens United joined Jim Crow, to prove our patriotism?
It’s all on us:
What redirection is so laser beam effective at keeping us churning out Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb tweets targeting intellectually challenged Bobby Jindal, though choosing and chosen as a Republican, of saying racism comes from minorities not acting like white people?
What need makes our youth mindlessly mine for fame in Likes — as unreasonable a hope as a Belichick weather report on patriotic footballs?
What kind of love creates a Navy Seal sniper, his murder on a Texas gun range, his nature nurtured into a war solo? What do those Americans with such a special set of skills do on the Home-Front, for the Homeland, after we take away war?
Where and on whom will their crosshair love of direct elimination be channeled, When Johnny Comes Marching Home?
What sense of entitlement makes some youth prefer brutal rape over beautiful intimacy; and their older counterparts deny women Constitutional equality? Aren’t both bullying acts on us?
What issue inflamed conservative Americans into giving credence and allegiance to Fox News excusing voting for lack of character and human decency: Scott Walker, Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and SOTU2015 sacrificial lamb, Joni Ernst?
Isn’t it on us, the empathetic Independent, the Democratic Progressive, the moderate Republican and the educated free thinker to be the purveyors of the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Isn’t it on Americans who vote and those who don’t?
It is for us rather to be putting the investigation back into investigative reporting for a media so inundated with, if it bleeds, it leads. It’s on us to recalibrate political leaders following the dictates of Wall Street bankers at the expense of Main Street families.
Let’s let the conservative Right remain the liars who lie, and the Left be a united reasonable voice. Let’s not sit on our hands like Republicans in an Obama State of the Union, because not voting in 2014 made all the difference, and it’s now on all of us.
Like it or not, it’s always on us, the reasonable, to
- get real, demanding law abiding Governors
- expose state legislators with a personal agenda,
- insist members of Congress pass a minimum intelligence test, if not raise the minimum wage
- Confirm some semblance of reasonable doubt of their corporate bias before allowing donning the supreme robes of the not so supreme, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, and Scalia Court
- Justify Impeachment in response to supreme injustice
- Educate those who elected California Republican Rep. Tom McClintock, that all Americans regardless of color, ethnicity or background deserve a decent wage and a free education to enable earning more
- Enlighten corporations like McDonald’s that, Americans of all hues are here to stay, as employees, customers and judge & jury
- Insist DOJ and NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand protect and defend the rape victim, allowing universities to be about higher education, and less an extension of law enforcement and prosecutors
The traumatic truth of Racism, Rape and Guantanamo is, both bullies and the bullied, are on us.
This entry was posted in Humanity and World Peace, Politics and Finance, The Arts and tagged Abortion, Art, Belichick, Bobby Jindal, bullied, Bullies, Bullying, Citizens United, ERA, fame, famous, footballs, Fox News, Guantanamo, If it bleeds it leads, Iowa, It's on us, Jefferson School African American Heritage Center, Jim Crow, John Boehner, Joni Ernst, Likes, Main Street, Marketing, McDonalds, Minimum wage Tom McClintock (R), Mitch McConnell, Navy Seal sniper, Obama State of the Union, Patriot Act, Patriotism, Racism, Rape, Redirection, religion, Sarah Palin, Scott Walker, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Sense of Entitlement, SOTU2015, Ted Cruz, The Interview, Truth, Voting, Wall Street.