Believers are free to believe Free Will is God’s gift of choice to love Him or not — to believe, or not, in combo Bill of Rights and Ten Commandments as gospel, trumping each other as needed, or serving as bookends in support of personal beliefs.
However, whether we believe Free Will comes from a supreme being or a Supreme Court, it means believers and non, have freedom of choice limited only by the prevention of our beliefs infringing on the equal rights of others.
I am Roman Catholic believing in Justice for All, who in most cases, opposes Abortion, and in the Land of the Free, I am free to express my personal belief as my right, but the Constitution does not guarantee me a country of Catholics only, or an abortion free nation. In fact, it guarantees quite the opposite
Further, post-Civil War Amendments make clear, when we open a public business of any kind, our private personal beliefs take second position behind the laws of the land – some of which were created following the 1960 lunch counter sit-in at Woolworth’s Diner – which, despite Rand Paul’s national TV tongue twister, is pretty much the predecessor of the recent Memories Pizza in Walkerton Indiana incident – except…
- there was no GoFundMe to help save discriminatory lunch counter owners all over America in the 1960s
- in 2015 we’ve replaced the right to refuse service to ni**ers to The Right to refuse service to LGBTQ community who desire, like most Americans, the freedom to marry whomever they wish, minus mutual trauma of Loving vs. Virginia
Sometimes it seems hard not to believe the more things change in America the more 27% of Americans change to another target to discriminate against.
If we insist on the liberty to call ourselves, Exceptional, then we must stop defining ourselves by the wars we keep:
- War on Women – Conservatives refusing to pay women the same salary men are paid for the same work while denying ratification of the ERA
- Racial War – Although most acknowledge that 95% of police serve and protect law abiding citizens from the not so law abiding, Conservatives insisting we should not question the overzealous military equipment and disproportionate police shootings of minorities by 5% of police, caught on camera — defines Conservative beliefs
- The Money War – Class warfare rained down upon 99% of Americans from the Trickle Down 1% wreaking havoc on America’s Middle Class – including Americans who believe they have a Constitutional right to discriminate against other Americans
When in the name of religion, cowards attack and kill 148 defenseless college students; when 27% of America’s population, gerrymander little minds to high office to dangle as puppets from zealots of discrimination and greed of money changers; when we find Moses in Netanyahu; when we preemptively condemn a possible peace treaty with an enemy our CIA created in 1953 – we are endanger of reaping in street morality what we have socially sown in smoldering burning crosses.
In a post Hobby Lobby America, perhaps it’s easier to deny weather has been unmercifully changed for millions; ignore our increased consumerism, at the expense of our infrastructure, has increased toxic waste, gas explosions, train wreaks and embarrassing Christianity with the rhetoric of the least Christ like.
If we believe there was once a living breathing example of love thy neighbor as thyself, walking among us, convincing many to believe, let him who is without sin cast the first stone – then believing your beliefs make you superior to others, gives Jesus a bad name.
Easter Sunday 2015, let’s resurrect our Faith, Hope and Love — give Obama a chance to earn his Nobel Peace Prize — remembering the greatest of these is Love.