The only wall between Donald Trump and his inheriting the power to torture, detain suspects indefinitely, disregard constitutional law, convene secret courts, capitalize on his Brand and, without any military experience, command armed forces to operate beyond the reach of civilian law – is our peaceful assembly.
As in many cities, hoisted signs by West Palm Beach protest marchers connote a democracy in action range of issues – an America Bannon and Trump will never abide.
So, let’s now focus our attention on connecting the dots to the roots, causing our 21st century, Divided We Fall state
* The Military Industrial Complex is herding America through death by a thousand cuts:
* Jim Crow, Joe McCarthy, 1960’s assassinations
* LBJ’s Gulf of Tonkin lie, Nixon’s Dirty Tricks, Ford’s Pardon
* Regulation haters promoting, government as the only problem, reneging on Trickle Down promises
* Bush/Cheney’s Middle Class destroying, global shift in wealth distribution, leaving Americans struggling in Patriot Act quicksand of oil wars, Too Big to Fail, suspension of Habeas Corpus, warrantless surveillance, and Fourth Amendment violations, like Sneak and Peek
These are the poisons that have sickened America with Donald J. Trump, for nothing, not even the vilest of us, comes from nothing.
But For Comeback:
- Resist gender, religious, racial, sexual, banking, political bigots and their corporate Demagogues
- Resist in our purchases, boycotts, contacting elected officials, petitions, non-violent protests and, like James Madison, distrust all those in power
- Always remember, Democrats have been proud Dixiecrats and both Yellow & Blue Dogs – but Republicans have been nothing like Lincoln’s emancipation of the union since Teddy Roosevelt Bullmoosed the Bully Pulpit
Once this civics triumvirate becomes the foundation of our collective redress of grievances, we will triumph as Lincoln intended: government of, by and for all the people.
Then, on the shoulders of the ideals of our Founding Fathers, Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, Suffragettes, the Greatest Generation, Marian Anderson, Elenore Roosevelt, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Bobby Kennedy and Congressman John Lewis – we march in defense of all our dreams — and all our Dreamers.
As victorious WWII veterans co-created Baby Boomers, family names like, Dulles, Rockefeller, Dupont, Hyatt, Walton, Koch, Bush, Mars and Goldman – stole the peace The Allies had won.
Those who support Trump should fear Global Economic Elites who are the birthers of the mega-wealthy 1% — and not the college educated.
The greatest enemy of the state is William E. Jenner’s Shadow-Government, that the FBI identified as, the infamous seventh floor group: The Deep State — housed beneath the State Department building — seven floors under-ground. Arguably this body of gold-diggers is determined to keep the entire political spectrum of American citizens, as human foot stools. And to the degree we continue to fight among ourselves – we are their greatest allies in our demise.
Our best defense: open hearts and minds to the salvation of different points of view — leaving alternative facts to un-presidential Tweets. Trump is our wake-up call.
Corporatism’s 1% delights in dividing and conquering the 99% — with marketing labels, media self-blinded by ratings war and bigots exchanging their sheets for Alt-Right Breitbart/Brexit camouflage.
Our visions need envision coalition, and our marches, rallies and causes, coalesce, before peaceful assembly becomes bloody rebellion and, violence begets violence, becomes the pretext for another unconstitutional Executive Order.
While we are focused on shoving our political pendulum backward, versus forward, we miss that we’re being brainwashed by, exploitation of religious beliefs, economic fears, individual prejudices and a K.I.S.S. Fourth Estate.
Although the repulsive white-head on a festering infection, Trump is far from the first time our American Democratic Republic has been threatened by corporate greed corrupting government, false advertising, Sedition Acts or illegal bans.
There are two things we need always remember:
- Follow the Money and
- Nothing gets an elected official’s attention more than, I am your constituent
Our victory over tyranny begins with a resounding ensemble of unity and civility. Government, is the worst problem, only when we choose not to participate, because Freedom is not a political pin-ball, but our human right.