What if Iran-Contra saint had blessed Donald Trump’s invocation to advocate the art of the nuclear deal between the Soviet Union and Government is the Problem creator?
Imagine a self-serving Congress, dominated by men terrified of a shady dealing vengeful dictator of an Obstruction of Justice email, hellbent on launching a missile attack on congressional healthcare, erected a firewall of invested investigations to cure ALS, Alzheimer’s and Medicaid for America’s human bookends: children and Seniors.
Maybe Frank Capra’s DC existed periodically, but World Wars and a Cold War produced a New World Order with a Foggy Bottom evacuating with abnormal frequency, a Military Industrial Complex.
So who wouldn’t be concerned about an ‘unpresidented,’ president sipping ‘covfefe’ atop the throne of our Democratic Republic – evidently 30% of us!
After 1917 and WWI Mustard gas, a call for morality, even in war, began its long journey on the, we can’t beat God giving, road to glory. A hundred years later, however, Good Samaritans are out gunned and every hero, demon challenged — nonetheless, we persist.
Even in the age of, Swamp Thing, we have heroes: Senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski; Congresswoman Maxine Waters — Sally Yates, Marilyn Nance, J.K. Rowling and Ida B. Wells.
However, knowledge is still Intel: In July 1950 of The Unknown War, American soldiers killed hundreds of Korean civilians near a village called No Gun Ri — and throughout Truman’s Police Action, over two million North Korean civilians were killed – thus, as the Treaty of Versailles created Hitler, we created Kim Jong-Un.
Arguably, we hold these truths to be self-evident: a nation’s Moral Code is only as strong as its people’s weakest link…
- Alt-Right, hellfire bent on spinning Obama global view off our world stage
- Those insisting America is for only white Christian men, honor flags that dishonor our Constitution, while genuflecting America before statues of anti-America Americans – savoring memories of the inhumane owning and defiling of fellow human beings
- Denying ratification of Equal Rights Amendment; twirling Elizbeth Cady Stanton, Susan B. Anthony and Alice Paul like trinkets on display, then laid to rest in gender inequality
- Diminishing LGBTQ while they preserve, protect and defend, non-existent full citizenship, income parity, voting and pursuit of loving happiness privileges
- In a land where prisons are for profit, from classrooms to cells is too great a student debt – and banning former felons from voting booths, an American defining moment
Yet, for a century, life at war with itself has tried to bestow this wisdom upon us: there is little sustainable profit in the business of anger and oppression, but where there is individual fear and envy, anger and oppression cannot be silenced – merely inconsistently, contained
Whether Wall, K or Main Street; rich or poor, rural, suburbs or inner city, gay, straight or undecided — Americans, citizens and non, have been herded to the pinnacle of, Trump ordered brutality Bluff – and staring back at us across the abyss, are Kim Jung-un clones, toeing the line for suicide by dictate.
Vision blurred by pride and miss-placed loyalty, each side has forgotten, world history is replete with shortsighted leaders threatening all life on earth — each side shadowed by real and imagined demons, risk being thrust into the void, to control a planet we’ve rendered, out of control.
Imagine our moral call is the last call to save us from a hell fire inflicted by demands for, unchartered waters, while denying the warnings of melting icebergs and rising oceans.
In 2017 America, who can we expect to make the moral call, American Mayors or Trumpcare?
Timing is Divine and often, auspiciously, makes heroes, even saints, out of mere mortals…
- William Robertson Coe, philanthropist for the academic discipline of American Studies
- Even heroes who are not of the world, even as I am not of it
The only wall between Donald Trump and his inheriting the power to torture, detain suspects indefinitely, disregard constitutional law, convene secret courts, capitalize on his Brand and, without any military experience, command armed forces to operate beyond the reach of civilian law – is our peaceful assembly.
As in many cities, hoisted signs by West Palm Beach protest marchers connote a democracy in action range of issues – an America Bannon and Trump will never abide.
So, let’s now focus our attention on connecting the dots to the roots, causing our 21st century, Divided We Fall state
* The Military Industrial Complex is herding America through death by a thousand cuts:
* Jim Crow, Joe McCarthy, 1960’s assassinations
* LBJ’s Gulf of Tonkin lie, Nixon’s Dirty Tricks, Ford’s Pardon
* Regulation haters promoting, government as the only problem, reneging on Trickle Down promises
* Bush/Cheney’s Middle Class destroying, global shift in wealth distribution, leaving Americans struggling in Patriot Act quicksand of oil wars, Too Big to Fail, suspension of Habeas Corpus, warrantless surveillance, and Fourth Amendment violations, like Sneak and Peek
These are the poisons that have sickened America with Donald J. Trump, for nothing, not even the vilest of us, comes from nothing.
But For Comeback:
- Resist gender, religious, racial, sexual, banking, political bigots and their corporate Demagogues
- Resist in our purchases, boycotts, contacting elected officials, petitions, non-violent protests and, like James Madison, distrust all those in power
- Always remember, Democrats have been proud Dixiecrats and both Yellow & Blue Dogs – but Republicans have been nothing like Lincoln’s emancipation of the union since Teddy Roosevelt Bullmoosed the Bully Pulpit
Once this civics triumvirate becomes the foundation of our collective redress of grievances, we will triumph as Lincoln intended: government of, by and for all the people.
Then, on the shoulders of the ideals of our Founding Fathers, Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, Suffragettes, the Greatest Generation, Marian Anderson, Elenore Roosevelt, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Bobby Kennedy and Congressman John Lewis – we march in defense of all our dreams — and all our Dreamers.
As victorious WWII veterans co-created Baby Boomers, family names like, Dulles, Rockefeller, Dupont, Hyatt, Walton, Koch, Bush, Mars and Goldman – stole the peace The Allies had won.
Those who support Trump should fear Global Economic Elites who are the birthers of the mega-wealthy 1% — and not the college educated.
The greatest enemy of the state is William E. Jenner’s Shadow-Government, that the FBI identified as, the infamous seventh floor group: The Deep State — housed beneath the State Department building — seven floors under-ground. Arguably this body of gold-diggers is determined to keep the entire political spectrum of American citizens, as human foot stools. And to the degree we continue to fight among ourselves – we are their greatest allies in our demise.
Our best defense: open hearts and minds to the salvation of different points of view — leaving alternative facts to un-presidential Tweets. Trump is our wake-up call.
Corporatism’s 1% delights in dividing and conquering the 99% — with marketing labels, media self-blinded by ratings war and bigots exchanging their sheets for Alt-Right Breitbart/Brexit camouflage.
Our visions need envision coalition, and our marches, rallies and causes, coalesce, before peaceful assembly becomes bloody rebellion and, violence begets violence, becomes the pretext for another unconstitutional Executive Order.
While we are focused on shoving our political pendulum backward, versus forward, we miss that we’re being brainwashed by, exploitation of religious beliefs, economic fears, individual prejudices and a K.I.S.S. Fourth Estate.
Although the repulsive white-head on a festering infection, Trump is far from the first time our American Democratic Republic has been threatened by corporate greed corrupting government, false advertising, Sedition Acts or illegal bans.
There are two things we need always remember:
- Follow the Money and
- Nothing gets an elected official’s attention more than, I am your constituent
Our victory over tyranny begins with a resounding ensemble of unity and civility. Government, is the worst problem, only when we choose not to participate, because Freedom is not a political pin-ball, but our human right.